Invisalign – Albuquerque, NM
Choose the Clear Choice in Orthodontics
Everyone deserves to have a straight smile, but few people have one naturally. Often, metal braces during adolescence resolve bite and alignment issues, but not everyone has this opportunity. If you’re an adult who didn’t have braces as a child, or you had them previously but experienced regression, you can enjoy a nearly invisible treatment. Invisalign is a discreet, sophisticated solution to straighten your teeth without brackets and wires. In as little as 1 year, you’ll have the results you want.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign differs from traditional braces because brackets and wires aren’t used to move the teeth. Instead, a series of clear plastic aligners are worn over them to gradually reposition your teeth. Dr. Giron uses a 3D impression of your mouth to map their movement onto a series of plastic aligners. Each aligner puts slight pressure on your teeth to align them. You wear each aligner for 1 to 2 weeks before switching to the next. On average, it takes 12 months to finish the series. Afterward, you’ll briefly need to wear a retainer to prevent your teeth from moving back into their previous positions.
Indications for Invisalign
Now, the clear aligners are effective for treating a diversity of common orthodontic issues, including:
Crowded teeth are difficult to clean, increasing your risk of tooth decay and gum disease. Invisalign resolves the overcrowding to leave you with a healthy, straight smile.
Spaces Between Teeth
Gaps in your smile aren’t only unattractive, but they can cause food particles to get trapped between your teeth. This can lead to bad breath and tooth decay. Invisalign is a simple way to close the spaces.
If your teeth are out of position, it can cause issues with your bite that can result in jaw pain, uneven wear on your enamel, and even teeth grinding. Invisalign can effectively correct an overbite, underbite, or crossbite to improve your oral functions.
Benefits of Invisalign
Since the aligners are clear and removable, they provide several advantages for teens and adults including:
- Improved Confidence: You can smile brightly during your treatment because no one will notice you’re wearing aligners. Your restored confidence will continue after your treatment because you’ll have the straight smile you’ve always wanted.
- Enhanced Comfort: The aligners are custom-made, so you won’t experience any slipping while speaking or smiling. They are also smooth to eliminate irritation to the inside of your lips or cheeks.
- Fewer Restrictions: Since the aligners are removable, you can still eat and drink anything you like, but only have water while wearing them. Your oral hygiene is also easy because there aren’t any brackets or wires to clean around.
- Added Convenience: You won’t need appointments for adjustments, so you’ll spend less time in the dental chair. This is the perfect option if you have a busy schedule.
- Fast Results: Depending on the severity of your case, you may only need the aligners for 12 months. You’ll enjoy a straight smile quicker than with metal braces.
Cost of Invisalign
There is no set cost for Invisalign because the amount is determined by your individual treatment plan, such as the number of aligners you need. We work on your behalf with your insurance company to reduce the amount you need to pay. We accept a variety of payment options for any remaining balance, including third-party financing with CareCredit.
Schedule Your Consultation
If you’re ready to invest in a beautiful smile, contact our office today to see if Invisalign is right for you.